Sixth Day of Navarathri –Varagu Arisi Thayir Sadam(Kodo Millet Curd Rice)
We all know that mixing curd, white rice with little bit of salt will make a perfect curd rice.
But for packed lunch little bit care should be taken while preparing as curd will taste sour by the time we actually consume it.Here is one such recipe WHich is very healthy and easy to prepare.
Cuisine: South Indian (Rice variety)
1. Soak Varagu rice for 2 hours.Boil milk and keep aside. Grind all the items and keep it aside.Wash the kodo millets properly and pressure cook the millet with 2.5 cups of milk with 3 whistles.
2. Once it cools take the cooked millet out and mix it with spatula in a large bowl.Pressure cook rice for 3 whistles and then 3 minutes .Add, salt, ginger and asafoetida.
3. Mix well with the ground mixture.
4. To prepare the tempering heat oil in a small pan ,add mustard seeds. When th mustard seeds splutter, add green chilly, curry leaves.Saute for 2 minutes.
5. Transfer over prepared rice. Let it sit for 1-2 hours
If you are immediately serving use can add curd as processed.
Add curd while serving, just leave out the grinding method.